• The covered porch offers an outdoor dining and gathering area connected to the kitchen and features a gas grill tucked away for easy use.
• Serving windows over the kitchen sink open out for easy access to the screened-in porch and the flow continues as the kitchen opens to the substantial dining room.
• The kitchen features a Carrera marble-topped baking center, large island with vegetable sink, generous 8-burner Dacor gas range with double ovens, and an additional built-in oven.
• The master suite includes a generous walk-in closet with built-in storage and substantial bath.
• The private covered patio off of the master suite has a daybed and an in-ground spa.
• The basement offers a joint game/media room, a separate children’s’ playroom with climbing gym, and the ultimate video game room, complete with driver module and mounted display.
• Resort-like swimming pool area features built-in, covered daybeds, seating area and outdoor fireplace.
• A children’s playhouse, chicken coop and additional seating area are found in the home’s bountiful cutting garden which offers abundant space to grow herbs, vegetables and flowers.
• For thrills, a skateboard ramp and in-ground trampoline are hidden from view just beyond the cutting garden.
• A trail winds around the property and leads to pitching platforms for pitching and chipping onto the professional grade putting green.
• Concealed amongst the landscape of natural grasses, manzanita and oak are premium lighting and sound systems to further enhance outdoor entertaining and enjoyment.
• The three-car garage provides parking for six treasured cars via a hydraulic lift system.
• The upstairs au pair suite offers flexible, separate accommodations within the home and is accessible via the carport. With a living area, bedroom and kitchen this suite is substantial enough for full-time, independent living.
• A temperature-controlled gym with a large, open-air exercise area and a spa bath with steam room and shower.
• Away from the main residence on the southern side of the property, the guest house offers a full kitchen, living area, office nook and separate full-size bedroom and bath.
• Updated in June 2019, a Savant Pro system controls the home’s audio, video, climate, pool, gate and security from removable installed iPad and phone app.
• A Lutron Homeworks system runs lighting through installed keypads around the home. Heat and air conditioning are configurable individually for providing comfort in each of the rooms and bedrooms.
• A standby home generator keeps the power on to specific systems during an electrical outage.
Woodside residents value secluded outdoor living while enjoying a strong sense of community. Separated from the ocean by the Santa Cruz Mountains, towering redwoods dominate its western hills, with oaks and eucalyptus in the lower areas. Residents value its privacy, access to nature, large parcels of land and diverse architecture.
This town of just over 5,000 enjoys a rural lifestyle with local trails, horse properties, open space preserves, an artists’ colony and summer jazz at the beautiful Filoli Garden. Popular cycling routes draw cyclists in droves on the weekends along Cañada Road, Old La Honda Road, Kings Mountain Road, Skyline Boulevard and Highway 84. Woodside is also home to several open space preserves, including Purisima Open Space, Huddart County Park, the Phleger Estate and Skeggs Point.
The small business district includes Roberts Market, a hardware and horse tack store, and a few restaurants, including the iconic Buck’s of Woodside, where many venture capital deals have been inked. Woodside is home to a mix of Silicon Valley movers and shakers – CEOs and venture capitalists, as well as famed musicians and artists.
Silicon Valley is a leading hub for high-tech innovation and development. Historically, it produced technological wonders by companies that defined the high technology industry, beginning with semiconductor businesses and research groups. These companies, anchored by Stanford University, formed an ecosystem in which later innovators could thrive: Hewlett-Packard, Apple, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and many more. Thousands of start-up companies currently call Silicon Valley home.